Japanese Slang 萌え豚 moe-buta
There are many slang terms in Japanese! It helps you to understand Japanese subculture. Let’s check out the meaning of moe-buta!
It means “fat anime otaku”…Obviously, it is an offensive slang term for fat jerk. 萌え(Moe) is “the adorable feeling amime otaku have towards the cute anime characters/moeblob(check out the meaning of moeblob on Urban Dictionary)” .豚(Buta) is a metaphor for fat because buta means pig. The animal is often quoted as a symbol of a fat creature because of the appearance and how they hog food.
Here are the example sentences
- そのセイウチは萌え豚です。(The walrus is moe-buta.)
- 萌え豚は好きなアニメグッツの中で生活します。(Moe-buta lives his life among his favorite anime goods.)
- 特に萌え豚はお気に入りのキャラクターの抱き枕を抱いて寝ます。(Moe-buta fall asleep with the body pillow of his favorite character.)
- 萌え豚は２次元に嫁がいる。(Moebutas have their wives in the 2 dimension.)This means that “Anime otaku gives up finding a girlfriend in real world;3 dimension, and seeks for his own gf from his favorite animes; 2 dimension. ”
- 萌え豚を見るには秋葉原に行けば良いです。(You can go to Akihabara to see Moebuta.)
- コミケには萌え豚が集まります。(Moebutas gather in Komike)*コミケ(Komike)is the abbreviation of comic market.
I wrote some examples but, I cannot come up with positive sentences with the slang because it is kind of an insulting word.
You can also write もえぶた、萌えぶた、萌えブタetc…I hope you will get more interested on Japanese! Good luck!
Taka, Aquarium manager